Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Thursday 31 May 2012

Focus on Accessories: Brixton Market



 
I am something of a magpie when it comes to accessories, if it’s bright and shiny I have a tendency to swoop in and take a look. This stall in Brixton market is no exception to this. 

In true BLKMimiLDN fashion there is a story behind this discovery....I had admired a cuff a good friend was rocking on a recent night out and she mentioned a stall in Brixton market. Now, I have to confess this kind of went over my head as I hadn't visited the market for a number of years. However, when I saw her with another outstanding piece, I had all the impetus I needed to find this magical place that was providing her with this wounderful bounty. 

Since last summer feathers have been rocking my world and the stall's original, hand-made feather earrings caught my eye initially. After trialling them to see if they irritated my sensitive (eczema) skin, I went back and purchased the necklaces. With over seven purchases I can safely say I'm a fan. The angel wings were worn by me every day when I first picked them up ut, as the sun has gotten brighter, I have been wearing the multi colour feather earings (first two below).
 
 





Since finding this stall I have found out that I am well and truly late to this party as the stall is well known locally and I have discovered that they have branched out and pitched up in Peckham (near Morrisons)! 

If you live / work / play in these parts of South London and like to wear unique jewellery then I would seriously recommend you check out the stalls. 

If not then check out your local markets to see if they have any stalls that feature designers selling their wares.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.