Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Monday 27 August 2012

The Body Shop: Hemp Hand Oil


Two weeks ago, whilst on my lunch break,  I fell prey to a very successful marketing attack by the Body Shop – a £3 off voucher to be used on any product in store and a tester pot to try products at my leisure.  I strongly believe in trying before you buy and as I was in-between hand creams the opportunity to try a new product seemed hard to miss. Now as someone who suffers from very dry skin (eczema) I automatically honed in on the products designed for ‘very dry skin’ and so promptly started to check out the hemp products.
 Regular readers of BLKMimiLDn will recall me mentioning that I have embarked upon a healthy Hair journey; as such, I have been experimenting with a number of oils to deep condition my hair and Hemp has become a firm favourite of mine. The idea of trying a hemp hand cream seemed like a good idea, but I didn’t like the feel of the cream and so moved on to try the oil. I found that the oil was light enough to sink into my skin without leaving a nasty greasy feel.  The cleaver dropper applicator appealed to me even more as due to the nature of my work I am constantly washing my hands and ease of quickly massaging two drops into my hands convinced me to redeem my voucher. 

Results:

I kid you not, within a day I noticed a difference in my hands.  They suddenly turned from their tough washer woman texture (thanks cheep alcohol soap at work) into soft paws; I found myself stroking my hands in disbelief. Within three days my nails had turned from peeling and flaky to smooth, stronger tips.  After a week I had to adjust how I opened tins and cans as I had nails that were strong enough not to snag. 

As a regular at my local nail supply shop, I should mention that I have had moderate success with other products designed to stimulate growth, but have found that these products have only short term success on my nails and haven’t affected the texture of my hands.  This oil is now a staple on my desk and I have now converted two of my colleagues to use it. I’m not overly in love with the Body Shop’s price, but will more than likely repurchase it again when it runs out if they have another similar promotion in the future. 


I’m always looking for tips on how I can keep my hands soft, have you had any success with any other oil / products?

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be trying this product. Great review. I will let you know how I get on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.