Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Monday 17 September 2012

Plus Size Fashion: Special Occasion Outfit


Coral Jacket – Tesco (UK Supermarket)
Black Peplum Scuba Top- New Look Inspire range
Black Pencil Skirt – ASOS CURVE
Back Courts – Steve Madden
White Envelope Clutch – Dorothy Perkins
Gold Drop Earrings – Jewellery Line from Boots



I wore this outfit a few weeks ago to the Christening of my Godson.

I had purchased the scuba peplum top from New Look's plus size range –Inspire, earlier in the year and really wanted to wear it. However, as it was a joyous happy occasion I wanted to add some colour and the coral formal jacket from Tesco’s clothing range (Florence + Fred) broke up the starkness of the black pencil skirt from ASOS’s Curve line. The addition of the Dorothy Perkins envelope clutch helped add more colour into the outfit and added a reference point for my gold earrings.  I adored the ASOS Curve pencil Skirt and wanted to show it off the amazing silhouette it provided to the fullest and so had to add my favourite Steve Madden heels for the added drama. 

I really struggled to put this outfit together within the time scale and am so glad that my trusty shops ASOS, and New Look had some fashionable items for me to wear.  Whilst Tesco’s has a plus size range I don’t tend to shop from it as the items aren’t cut for my frame and so tend to stalk the aisles for the odd items in sizes the UK 20/22. I like the fact that items from Tesco's will wash well last and I have a few work dresses that I adore from them. 

We had an excllent day, my godson looked so cute and was excellent during the whole affair. Big kisses to him!

Which shops do you tend to run to when your in need of an outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.