Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Sunday 18 November 2012

Beauty Blender Dupe(s)



Beauty Blender quickly became the cult ‘IT’ product of 2011 for me; I watched countless vloggers espoused its greatness, read reviews galore that waxed lyrical about the seamless finish it provided and I really wanted one. However every time I went to make a purchase there was always a problem with delivery / stock. Due to the difficulty in purchasing the product I wish to make it clear that I am making a comparison on the concept of the sponges! 

Beauty Blender – What is it?

Beautyblender, the ultimate make up sponge applicator. Beautyblender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion. Forget your fingers or sharp-edged triangular sponges, these application methods waste make up and can leave visible streaks.

Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odour free.
 -Excerpt from Bleautyblender website

Dupe?
I purchased these sponges from a seller from EBay, the cost of P&P and the items total less than £5. The items arrived after two weeks (normal for items from China) and I quickly put them to the test.  
Waterbottle shaped Beautyblender dupe

I deliberately ordered two different shapes (egg & water bottle) as I was keen to see which of the two was easier to use. I found the water bottle was easier for me to use initially as I struggled to get a firm grip, I was able to graduate to the egg once my confidence grew.  The sponges worked well wet - slightly damp, not dripping, and I found it easier to adopt a stippling motion to use with my Sleek Cream to Powder foundation.

Egg shaped Beautyblender dupe
Overall I was extremely pleased with the products; the sponges were excellent value and easy to use.
My foundation was seamless and I think these sponges offer a viable alternative to those of us who hate using fingers to apply makeup. I have large pores around my nose and noticed that the finish the sponges provided helped to mask this. I have already made a repurchase from EBay and so thought a review was overdue.

What are your thoughts, have you purchased the orginal Beautyblender?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.